Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A/C Shenanigans

After the engine was installed, I noticed that the A/C compressor was quite close to the driver's shock tower. So close that the hose block that bolts onto the rear of the compressor would not fit.  I had touched on this subject in an earlier post. Anyway, since I don't want to cut into the shock tower, that leaves me with a need for a new compressor. The 95' Mustang uses a York compressor mount. A friend told me about a Sanden compressor that has the hose in/out ports on the top. There is also an adapter plate that allows the Sanden to bolt onto the York mount. This seems like the best way to go.

I powered up the PCM and started testing circuits and relays. So far, each sensor plug and relay has the expected voltage. Now I am waiting for parts to arrive so I can continue the work.

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment