Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Rough Harness Layout



I have roughly laid out the wiring harness with the fake foam block. Rough is the key term here. I had cut the hole in the firewall and pulled the harness through. The grommet was much to close to the end so I slid it down, away from the PCM plug. If I had it to do over, I would have done the motor swap before installing the A/C since it would have been cleaner to run the PCM harness over the plenum than under it like I have here. Hindsight is always 20/20.
I am going to cut large portions out of the '95's harness. But, to keep things simple, I want to get the car running with the harness as close to stock a possible so that I can limit the number of  'unknowns' if any problems arise. I figure I will run the A/C circuits separately from the engine harness to keep it simple. The Vintage Air setup is able to run by itself without any 'computer' control, so I want to keep that separate.
That leaves the fuel solenoid and pump. This should be straight forward. Just a line from the PCM back to the  solenoid powering the pump and Inertia Fuel Shut Off switch.
More to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment