Saturday, March 29, 2014

Spoiled Rotten…….Even More!!

I've had the 2014 GT for a month now and I am amazed. It has been a while since I bought a new car and I am glad I did. I am thoroughly impressed with the engineering team that designed the Mustang. It is the automotive version of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Driving around town shifting at under 3000rpms, the car is as docile as a Camry. Press the pedal to the floor in order to unleash the 420hp and Mr. Hyde quickly makes himself known!

Driving this car has made me aware of just how slow my 65 is. Granted, with a stock 95 GT motor, there is not much of a comparison, but I am still surprised. I plan to keep the 14 GT stock at least until the 3 year Bumper-to-Bumper warranty is up and that will allow me to spend some coin on sprucing up the 65.

I've decided I am going to remove the SSBC A120 Extreme brake kit. They have become more trouble than they are worth. My master cylinder started to leak internally so I replaced that and bled the brakes. Two days later my passenger side SSBC caliper started leaking like crazy. I assumed I had not snugged the bleeder well enough but to my surprise the leak was coming from inside the caliper. I assume one of the pistons is allowing fluid to pass. This was the straw that broke the camel's back. I've written before about the huge rotors that have pushed my wheel further outboard and on top of that I needed to add a 1/4 inch spacer to clear the caliper. That has made it so the tires rub the fender if the wheel is turned and I hit a bump. I've ordered a Wilwood kit with smaller calipers and a 12 inch rotor so that I can run my wheels without a spacer and hopefully not have any more rubbing.

At any rate, having to park the 65 is not as bad as it could be seeing what I am forced to drive in its place. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment